What would happen if the air conditioning system at your company stopped working? The temperature and humidity in your place of business could rise quickly, putting your products at risk. A broken air conditioner is a surefire way to put a damper on business if you own a storefront or other establishment where clients must come inside the premises to do business.
You May Also Like
Preventative maintenance is the best defense against a broken air conditioner. Using this Preventive Maintenance Checklist for Air Conditioners, you can keep an eye on one of the most important systems in your business and catch and fix minor issues before they escalate.
All four seasons require a distinct approach from your air conditioning unit. If you reside in a colder region, you spend a large chunk of each year with your heating system running. A chilly air conditioner is practically essential in warmer climates for the better part of the year. Preventive HVAC system maintenance is best organized by season, no matter where you live.
The following is a list of some essential actions that should be performed as part of an air conditioner’s preventative maintenance:
- Perform a thorough inspection, cleaning, or replacement of the air filters.
- Check to see if the evaporator and condenser coils need to be cleaned, and do so if they do.
- It is important to check the amount of refrigerant and add more if it is low.
- Perform a visual inspection and thorough cleaning of the condensate drain line.
- Make sure the thermostat is adjusted correctly, and if it isn’t, replace the batteries.
- Check the condition of the fan blades and the motor, and apply lubricant if it’s required.
- Perform a thorough inspection of the electrical connections, and if necessary, either tighten or replace them.
- Check the outdoor unit for any kind of debris, and clean it up if it needs it.
- Check to see if there are any leaks in the ducting, and seal them if there are.
- Check that the system is functioning correctly.
If you give your air conditioner the preventative maintenance it needs on a regular basis, you can help it last longer, which will save you money in the long run, and it can also improve how efficiently it uses energy. At the very least once every year, it is strongly suggested that you have your air conditioner inspected and maintained by a qualified HVAC specialist who can conduct these tasks to the highest of standards.